Friday, November 14, 2008

Blog Identity Crisis

I am a journaler. I love to write. I process in writing. I develop ideas in writing. But, I have a weird psychological block (a family trait inherited from my dad--it manifested itself a lot in my basketball career). I can't write if I don't like WHAT I'm writing on. If my journal is ugly, it remains empty. If I have the same journal for too long, I stop writing in it.

Well, I'm having a blog identiy crisis. I can't get excited about any "look" on my blog; as a result, I don't write. I go to the blog, look at it, and go away.

Thanks for your patience (really, just Phyllis') as I work through this. You'll know when I find something I'm excited about.

6 comments:

Josh said...

have you been to cutestblogontheblock.com or any of the other really easy sites for blog designs? they have easy to follow instructions, too. Just a thought.

Josh said...

oops... that was supposed to be from Jessica, not Josh... just he was the one signed in to google.

Len and Carrie said...

Keep writting, we miss the blog when you don't. Maybe a little reflective piece about your favorite uncle.

Unknown said...

Oh, hey, I give kudos to anyone who keeps up a blog at all. Although I have to admit, when I checked today I was glad you had changed it a bit. The last layout was a wee bit hard to read. Keep it up--and I'll keep checking :) We tried to have your cute nephew over today to play with Danae, but no one was home. Danae was bummed, and so was I.

Phyllis said...

Take your time, it will come and I am sure it will be worth the wait.
How about adding some music that fits your mood, I read a few blogs with music ~ nice touch. No matter what, I'll keep checking.
I did ask your dad how you were doing the other day, just wanted to make sure all was well.
Blessings my friend.

Herm said...

So................. it's my fault. :)

Dad