Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm Not Dutch

You heard it here first. Tall, blonde hair, blue eyes--all things genetic scream "I'm Dutch." But Facebook has disproved that theory. Sorry, Dad, your trip on the boat and time on Ellis Island meant nothing. Facebook says that I'm not Dutch. Not only am I not Dutch, but I'm classified as "anti-Dutch." Read this description: You have a natural tendency to dislike anything Dutch. You aren't as bad as those guys on the picture, (those guys in the picture are burning a flag from the Netherlands) but you certainly wouldn't stop anyone from torching a Dutch flag.

Sadly, I knew the answers to every question that would make me Dutch, but I just couldn't choose them. I'm sorry that my favorite winter sport is not ice skating on frozen canals, that my favorite food isn't smoke herring, and that I never have and never will use soft drugs.

Too bad they didn't as about Wilhelmina's, stroopwafels, windmills, tulips, oliebollen, and Ere Zij God!

2 comments:

Herm said...

I started on the Dutcg quiz as well and found out I probably was not very Dutch either. Weird isn,t it? Born there and everything.


Dad

Unknown said...

That Dutch quiz was STINKY. Poor choices for answers and spelling errors to boot! At least the one I did. Gotta believe in yourself, not the fancies of some dumb ol' facebook user :)
Have a splendid day. Did you make it up to help with moving Scott and Cheri yesterday? Enjoy today (Saturday) before the snow flies!