Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Would you rather?

Would you rather experience an earthquake or a tornado?

After last night, my answer is TORNADO!

I am sending ALL my respect to friends/family who live in California. We had an earthquake last night with a magnitude of 6.1. No severe damage or injury was caused, but I was SCARED! Our entire house was shaking for over a minute, and it was just eery! I was clinging to the door frame and screaming (which made my roommates laugh).

All my childhood was spent in tornado drills...cover the head, go to a low area, ride the storm. It's a whole different ball game when the earth is trembling and and your house might fall on your head.

This morning in teacher devotions we sang "only you" One of the lines says, "only you can shake the mountains." After experiencing an earthquake, I understand God's magnitude and power in a whole new way. To create an earth that works how it does is truly awe inspiring.

9 comments:

Mark said...

Congratulations on surviving your first, and hopefully only earthquake. A Tigers update, they just won tonight, and looked good for the first time this year. Guillen, Mags, Sheffield, and Cabrerra all hit home runs tonight. It was a fun game to watch.

Anonymous said...

Cool.
We had one not that long ago. When the earth started shaking, David yells out "Is that an earthquake?" He thought it was rather neat. Kevin and Tom were in the car and never felt it. I'm glad to hear the one you felt did not cause too much damage.

Phyllis said...

Annette, we have one more thing in common, we both experienced God's power through a Guatemalan Earthquake. I will admit, I wasn't so sure I wanted to experience another one. Praising God that you are safe. Puts a new meaning to the song lyrics "I feel the earth move under my feet" doesn't it? Hey, the Tigers have won 2 in a row ~ have they turned the corner?

Len and Carrie said...

Sorry we weren't there to experience it. That is one thing that our otherwise execellent guide didn't arrange.

Unknown said...

You beat me on feeling an earthquake. Awesome...

Suzy Leonard said...

yes your roommates did think you were funny. in fact every time i think about it i laugh out loud:)

Jessica Brown said...

funny - we had a 5.2 early this morning here in southern bloomgington. we weren't too concerned - more wondering if it was real through a very sleepy fog. quite a feeling!

Jessica Brown said...

i meant southern indiana. southern bloomington is not a very large place :)

Keith&Hannah said...

I'm glad you survived the earthquake!! Sounds quite interesting. The Chicago news said we were supposed to be able to feel the earthquake that was Indiana but I must have missed it. I'm not too awake around 4:30 am. Glad you are safe and sound. Can't wait to see you and hear more fun stories and see some pictures!