Friday, May 16, 2008

El Salvador!
















Suzy and I hopped in the car at 5:40am to drive the four hours to El Salvador. We were going to leave the night before, but due to road safety issues we were advised to leave in the morning. No need for a machete to the tires, right?















We saw a lot of beautiful scenery driving through Guatemala and into E.S.




















This was one of our first views of the ocean--gorgeous, right?















We stayed at a little beach (town is an overstatement) called El Zonte. It was basically huts, a few restaurants, a few hostel type hotels, and BEACH. It's interesting to see who you stumble on when traveling--surfers who settled and are bumming their way through life, etc.














I could hardly contain the excitement of actually understanding the worth of the money I was using!!! El Salvador uses the US dollar. Overall, it was a quick trip, but I am thankful for the rest and relaxation it gave me before the last week of classes, and for the opportunity to see more of God's beautiful creation!

4 comments:

Phyllis said...

Your journey continues ~ another country, more culture, and more memories. I'm glad you played it safe.

Laurie said...

What - no picture of Suzy after she got hit by the big wave!!! I'm sorry she lost her camera - but the story was funny.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

What a great get away. I just love the ocean.

Mark said...

The last week of classes already! How time has flied since you have been there and teaching. Looking foward to seeing you in a few weeks. Mark