Thursday, June 5, 2008

An Update and a Disclaimer

Update: I've been busier than I thought with school wrap up over the past few weeks, but I've also had some time to relax and reflect on my time in Guatemala. My friend Emily Baker came down for a whirlwind visit to Guatemala last week. We did as much as we could--and she got the true Guatemalan experience as she suffered from the common traveler's illness: fever, chills, and other unpleasantries. Mom, Emily wants to commiserate with you. She feels your pain!!! We still had a great time...which she remembers now that she's healthy again! I have some curriculum work to do before 30 Hinsdale Young Life people come down here for a work trip. I am so excited to share my life here with people from home! Which leads to the disclaimer :)

Disclaimer: I offered my blog as a place where people on the trip can reflect on the experiences, post pictures, etc. I don't know how many opportunities there will be to post, but there will be 30 people who have reign to reflect and process their time in Guatemala, so you'll be getting more perspective (and different perspective) than just me. Take that into account with posts from the next week!

Blessings and enjoy the beginning of summer weather...we haven't seen the sun in about a week as the tropical storms in other areas are pulling LOADS of rain here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that all is going well. I am looking forward to reading more about the experiences of the the youth group.

Jennifer's boyfriend is going to be in Guatemala in July with a group from Ripon Christian. It's too bad you won't be there by then.

I'm looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

Keith&Hannah said...

Emily had lots of good stories to tell. She had so much fun visiting! Maybe when you go back you can take me with you :)