Monday, February 25, 2008

Belize

Last weekend, my friend Karina and I went to visit Len and Carrie Blauwkamp in Caye Caulker, Belize. Here's a look at our adventure!













The border of Belize and Guatemala: we were instructed to get out of the bus and walk all our stuff across the border!






















Once we crossed the border into Belize, we followed a bicycle race the entire way into Belize City...ask me how I felt about that slow trip!

















I got my hair braided by Anita, the hairbraider who has been on the island for 7 years now.
















A beautiful Belizian sunset















Len, Carrie, and me at a smoothie joint on the ocean.






















A beautiful Belizian sunrise


















Randomly, on the island, I found a sign pointing the kilometers to Kalamazoo MI!!!!























Of course, we get back into Guate and...NO POWER at the bus station


















And...not on the island...Kiersten Ann Witte!!!!

8 comments:

Laurie said...

Hi Annette:
What beautiful pictures - especially of you and your braided hair. Sounds like an exciting trip. You didn't say much about the bus trip - did it take all day? Looking forward to our vacation and getting out of the snow. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. Cute hairdo. How long are you planning on keeping the braids in?
Thanks for including the pictures of Kiersten. She's cute. Noah reminds me a little of John and Rachel's boys. I bet he is having fun with his sister.

Phyllis said...

Hi Annette, Greetings from Snowy Michigan. I am thinking that following the Bike Race wasn't one of your favorite moments of the Belize Trip ~ am I right about that one? Belize looks amazing and I love the braids ~ is your head itching yet? How long did it take Anita to do that? You will have to let me know if the Sunset & Sunrise were seen in the same 24 hours ~ they were beautiful. I have Ian today and we are having so much fun. He says Noah now but I am thinking it is more the little play ark and not your Noah that he is referring to. More to follow soon. Phyllis

Keith&Hannah said...

Annette- I still can't get over how big Noah is! Thanks for all the pictures, it looks like you had a pretty amazing tmie out there! Sorry our conversation got cut short the other day, but I'm glad we covered the most important topic :)
Love ya!
Hannah

Len and Carrie said...

Hi,

Great pictures, we really enjoyed having you guys visit.

Herm said...

Seeing those pictures, I am really ready to leave for Belize. Looking forward to Guatemala as well and seeing a bit of where your hanging around these days.

Love Dad

jbajema said...

We saw that beautiful niece of yours today at Oma and Opa's. She is gorgeous! I even got to hold her for a little while (until she got hungry and I was unable to help her out). Sounds like you had a great time with Len and Carrie. Your hair is adorable! Have you had to wash it yet?
Jo

Mark said...

Aunt Annette,
I was looking at your pictures this morning wiht Uncle Mark, and I really liked them. It looks like you had a great time in Belze. I hope everything is going great and I look foward to seeing you in June!!

Noah