Saturday, September 29, 2007

A list

One week from now and I'll be in the States. My time went so fast!!! Here are some things I am looking forward to and some things I will miss:

I'm excited to:
1)See my friends/fam (esp Noah who can't talk to me on the phone...)
2)Run whenever and wherever I want (due to saftey issues I cannot run alone and it gets dark at 6)
3)Flush toilet paper in the toilet
4)Drive

I will miss:
1)All the new friends I made
2)Teaching 4 different grade levels and 4 different classes
3)The CAG girls bball team
4)The volcanoes surrounding the city
5)Having/sharing an office with Trisha
6)Chocobananas
7)Guacamole (for dirt cheap!!!!!)
8)All the amazingly beautiful places to spend quiet time/journal time

Okay, so this list is a little superficial...but, it's the little things about a place that make it so special. Those little things really stand out as I am about to leave them behind!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annette,
I can't believe you will actually miss teaching four different levels and four different classes. That really shows how dedicated you already are. I wish some of the teachers here would be that dedicated.

Jennifer and I are looking forward to seeing you next week. Save Sunday night for us.

Marlene

Phyllis said...

Anette,

Can't believe you will be home next week already, I look forward to hearing more about your time there. Oh, I totally understand the toliet paper comment!

Blessings, Phyllis

Laurie said...

Annette:
Well we're excited about you coming home - or at least closer to home.
When Noah was here this weekend, we were in your room where he can spend a lot of time finding all the "Daves" or ducks or teddies. But you will be happy because when he was looking at the pictures on your dresser, he always picked out you and said something that sorta sounded like Auntie. He hasn't forgotten you. Well enjoy your last week even as you have to say your good-byes to your new friends. Hope you have safe travels. We will see you Saturday!!!
Love, Mom

Keith&Hannah said...

I can't wait to have you back! I think I may have mentioned that a few times :) Enjoy your last few days and travel safely!!

Len and Carrie said...

Annette,

We are trying to put together a time for that dinner we won as the people who commented the most. We think that it might be nice to try out a restuarant in the new fancy downtown hotel. If it is too costly maybe Carrie can pay for her own meal.

Len & Carrie

Herm said...

I don't know if you will see this before you leave, but we have been enjoying the blog site and enjoying the game. Uncle Len really wants to know the score. I said we'll call him Sat PM. Looking forward to your return. Say Hi to Ethans family for us.

Dad

Laurie said...

scottAnnette:
Dad said you just got my birthday card!!!That's not good, but then that means you will probably not get the second envelope. It was sent on September 24. It is two other birthday cards. One from Aunt Thressa and Uncle Henk and one from Scott & Cheri. So if it comes after you leave, you can let them know it is not real important. See you in a few days.
Love Mom