Monday, September 3, 2007

prayer request

Here is something to add to the prayer list: Felix is coming and threatening to hit Central America pretty hard. We already cancelled our Open House for tomorrow because it's supposed to hit in the afternoon. Guatemala should only get heavy winds and rains--most of the damage is supposed to be in Honduras and Belize. Pray for safety and that the hurricane dissipates before causing too much destruction, especially to the Indian people along the coast who have no means of protection or travel.

I had a wow moment a few minutes ago when I was reading an update about Felix: after describing the path and damage that may result, the article went on to say, "breathe easy, it won't hit Texas." How about global thinking and caring for the brothers and sisters in the world around us.

Anyway, I don't want to scare anyone (aka mom) but I do appreciate the prayers!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will keep you and your community in our prayers.

Marlene

Herm said...

Good comment, help keep us thinking. I'll keep you and Central America in my prayers as you go through the hurricane threat and rains asociated with that.

Love

Dad

Len and Carrie said...

Hi Annette--I'm writing from a very wet U.P.--not so great for us campers but they have been extremely dry so it's hard to be sorry it's raining. But they've had several inches in the last 24 hours so that's enough

Amen to your comment about global thinking--when hurricanes hit those very poor countries the devastation can last for years, there just aren't the personal or national resources to recover.

You sound very busy but also finding good ways to have fun. Keep it up!

love, Carrie

Len and Carrie said...

Carrie and I have a real interest in birds so if you get bored tell us which birds you are seeing.

Len

Laurie said...

Annette:
Are you OK? I hope so. Let me know because I'm the constant worrier!!!
Love ya,
Mom

jbajema said...

Yes, the U.S. always seems to think of themselves. It has hit me a number of times with other hurricanes that the U.S. is mainly concerned about the storm not touching U.S. soil. We will pray for safety for all people involved.

Dan & Jo

Natasha Witte said...

Of course you and Guate are in my prayers!!